Sunday 11 March 2012

Moustache Wax Feedback

In my last post I was trying out a moustache wax recipe, and being a girl and therefore sadly lacking in the whiskers department, I sent some samples out to intrepid and luxuriantly bewhiskered friends to try out for me.

Here's the first feedback from the very versatile Sir James Pennyman who tweeted his progress for me and which I condense here with his permission:

First we have a before shot ("This is how perilously Paleolithic I looked before I applied the wondrous Hungarian Hussar Wax")
 Then after a short but suitable pause for shock, horror and general offers to take him off to a quiet corner for a makeover, we had this: ("This is how fierce-whiskered I looked with an application of Hungarian HussarWax")
I quizzed him about the texture, because to me, it did feel a little bit strange, and apparently although it is a bit like coarse hair mud, it applies really easily dry, holds very well and sets easily. It also survives tea!

Which when it comes down to it, is pretty much all that an be required in such a potion. I trust he will try its holding powers when exposed to brandy in due course.

Many thanks indeed for the feedback, and I love the before and after pictures!

4 comments:

  1. I was trying out a moustache wax recipe, and being a girl and therefore sadly lacking in the whiskers department, I sent some samples out to intrepid and luxuriantly bewhiskered friends to try out for me.
    electric shaver review

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete